Never forward an e-mail containing SIN information to an e-mail distribution list. Don’t include a SIN in an e-mail unless a procedure specifies that you may do so. If so, never put the SIN in the subject line of the e-mail. Don’t leave a laptop containing SIN information unattended or in an unlocked location.
Is it safe to send ID documents by email?
You should not send personally identifiable information via unencrypted email. It is not a secure way to send any information and could expose you to data hacking.
How do I send documents securely via email?
Staff Email – Sending secure email attachments
- Click the File tab.
- Click Info.
- Click Protect Document, and then click Encrypt with Password.
- In the Encrypt Document box, type a password, and then click OK.
- In the Confirm Password box, type the password again, and then click OK.
What is the safest way to send confidential information?
Fax over Private IP
Fax is the most secure way to send documents. Fax machines are far less connected than email accounts. And they’re basically immune to information theft scams. Since there are fewer ways to breach a fax connection, fax is one of the most secure ways to send sensitive information.
How do you send sensitive information via email?
Send messages & attachments confidentially
- On your computer, go to Gmail.
- Click Compose.
- In the bottom right of the window, click Turn on confidential mode . Tip: If you’ve already turned on confidential mode for an email, go to the bottom of the email, then click Edit.
- Set an expiration date and passcode. …
- Click Save.
How do you send sensitive information electronically?
Use a secure service
For sending files (think forms that include personal details or financial data), try Dropbox. Save your file to the synching service, then email or text a shareable link to your intended recipient. Files are uploaded and downloaded over a secure network, encrypting your documents along the way.
How do I send securely ID?
How to securely send us a legible copy of your ID
- Copy/paste the scanned copy or photo of your two pieces of ID in a Microsoft Word document.
- Click File > Info > Protect document > Encrypt with password.
- Enter as password the shared secret agreed with the agent, then enter it again to confirm.
How do I send personal information securely?
Sharing personal information securely by email
Confirm the name, department and email address of the recipient. settings. Include the personal information in a document to be attached to the email, save it as “Read Only” and use encryption or electronic document password protection.
How do I send my Social Security number securely?
How to Protect Your SSN
- Offer an Alternative Form of ID. …
- Ask Why They Want It and How It Will Be Handled. …
- Leave Your Card at Home. …
- Shred Mail and Documents With Personal Details. …
- Don’t Use Your SSN as a Password. …
- Don’t Send Your SSN via an Electronic Device. …
- Monitor Your Bank and Credit Card Accounts.
Use a Password Protected Cloud
The recommended method is to use alphabets in lower and upper case, symbols, and numbers in combination to share sensitive financial documents securely. Using a perfect combination in a password makes it virtually impossible for hackers to hack into your device.
How do I send securely information online?
Another cool way to send files securely is to use something like File Camouflage. In a nutshell, you can use File Camouflage to hide and encrypt a file within an image. If someone accidentally sees the email, unless they know there is a message in it, they will think it is nothing more than an image.
How do I send a document securely by post?
- A thick envelope so the document can’t be read through the packaging.
- A hard-backed envelope so the document won’t get bent during transit.
- Plenty of bubble wrap and internal packaging if sending in a box.
- A waterproof wallet for your shipping label.
How do you email personal information safely?
Use the “Bcc” (blind carbon copy) line for large numbers of recipients. This protects the email addresses of the recipients by hiding them and makes your email easier to read. Delete email and attachments when you no longer need them. Emails containing sensitive information should be deleted securely.